I LOVE Valentines Day, not because it is a "day of love" or because it is a day to get presents, I love it because it adds such a wonderful splash of color to help me make it through winter. I always struggle with this time of year, Christmas is over, all the lights, decorations and COLOR are gone. All we are left with, is gray and dreary days and ugly dirty snow. Just when you think you can't take anymore, here comes Valentines Day with its fantastic array of Pinks and Reds, that instantly cheer me up and add some excitement and anticipation to the air.
As a kid I loved doing valentines in school, I loved picking out the perfect valentine for my classmates, (have to be careful which ones you give to the boys! Didn't want to lead someone on)making the valentine "pocket" for your desk to hold all of your cards and candy. Having a class party with yummy treats, and no schoolwork. Those were the days. *sigh* those were the days
Thursday, January 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment