Tuesday, September 4, 2012

20 Weeks!!



I am now 20 weeks!!!

I am more than half way done!!

With twins, 38 weeks is the same as 42 weeks with a singleton. If they don't come on their own, the Dr goes ahead and induces to prevent complications such as cord entanglement and placenta deterioration.

But preterm births are pretty common with twins, so we are hoping the boys sit tight until at least 34-36 weeks.

Basically if they are born anytime in December, I will be happy. This will hopefully help us avoid NICU time, or at least keep it a short stay.
























I am still feeling pretty good. I was VERY fortunate to not experience ANY morning sickness with this pregnancy. I even had very little nausea early on. I haven't had any food aversions. So far this has been an easy peasy pregnancy. Lets hope it stays that way.

My energy has been about the same the whole time though. I am tired by the end of the day and sometimes need a nap. I haven't really noticed any of that second trimester energy increase that people talk about. It might be a twins thing where that just doens't happen.

I am starting to get a little uncomfortable. With twins, you usually measure ahead about 6 weeks. Which means, I am measuring the same as someone 26 weeks pregnant with a singleton.

I have felt movement or flutters since about 16 weeks. They are now starting to be more active (or at least I am now noticing it more) and am now starting to feel real noticeable kicks.

I feel Baby A more than Baby B. I think that is because A is bigger and slightly older/ahead of Baby B. and also I think Baby B is positioned in such a way that I just can't feel him as well.

But at our most recent ultrasound, they were both active and squirmy little boys. In fact, we even saw them kicking each other! The ultrasound tech was shocked, Jon and I laughed. I guess we are going to be that kind of parents.

Weight gain has held steady, somewhere around 10-12 lbs, depends on the scale. In my Expecting Multiples book, they recommend 20 lbs by 20 weeks. I don't think that is going to happen, but I am gaining and the boys are growing healthy and strong!
















1 comment:

Kadie Kinney said...

Yay hooray! Halfway point! You're little belly is so cute!