I am 23, almost 24 weeks!
We met with a Maternal Fetal Medicine (MFM) specialist and he determined that we are having
IDENTICAL TWINS!!!
While it didn't really matter whether they were identical or fraternal, it is nice to have that question answered.
Though we did find out that the boys are sharing a placenta.
Which causes a size discordance between the two boys.
Baby A's umbilical cord is right in the center, so he is right on target with his size.
Baby B is at the far edge, so he is a little smaller and right now about 11 days behind Baby A.
The Dr is not concerned because B is growing and they are more focused on his growth trajectory, rather than individual measurements.
Other than that, both boys are looking healthy and strong.
Since they are sharing a placenta, there is concern that at the end it will begin to deteriorate, so
if they boys don't come on their own, I will be induced at about 36-37 weeks, which puts me sometime around Dec 14-21.
So I have made my unofficial goal date- Dec 18!!
There was also concern about bed rest and preterm labor, after visiting with the MFM, he says that so far everything looks great and he doesn't anticipate either! Which is such a huge relief and blessing.
So about 91 days or less, these sweet boys should be here!
And here is my 23 week pic. I have really grown in the last 3 weeks!
I have gained somewhere between 15-17 lbs (depending on the scale/time of day) so far!
And other than end of the day tiredness/discomfort, I am feeling pretty good. These boys are very active and get even more so when I get home.
I think they like to hear jon's voice.


1 comment:
I think it is so cute that every time you tell us how big they are, it is in relation to fruit. They must be very sweet little kids!
Post a Comment